18.8.13

New life in Krabi with Tik!

In case you didn’t know already….Tik and I got hitched! We married on the 25th of July, a Muslim wedding in his home town of Naga (Ranong) in front of all of his friends and family! It was a shock to everyone when we came back to town, what we had done and how quickly…even for us, we were engaged for only 10 days before tying the kno






t! But…all I can say is when I know, I know. Since my last post, there have been so many changes….too many to possibly catch up on in one post, so I won’t even try. Just know that I fell in love with a boy (a Thai one at that!), we recently got married, and I have since finished my last job with ISV and have officially moved out of the Baan Unrak Children’s Home (as of 2 days ago.) My last days at Baan Unrak were bitter sweet, but the kids were genuinely happy for me (Thar Gyi especially!) and we have made a deal that every 2 months I will come to visit for a week or so as long as I have enough money to travel and god willing that I don’t get pregnant for another 3 years, at least! Yes, Tik and I are in no rush to have children of our own. We want to enjoy our time as a married couple and we have a lot to do before we can even consider the possibility of providing more grandchildren to our parents: immigration paperwork for me to stay in Thailand; visa paperwork for Tik to visit Miami; working hard to get the rock climbing business up and running; buy land; build house; travel to Nepall, the usual etc…. The move from Baan Unrak to Krabi was HARD! Emotionally more than anything else….but lugging 3 bags of overweight crap around Bangkok city was no piece of cake either! But I am here now, officially moved in with Tik and working in the office of his rock climbing shop on Railay Beach. The next step for us is to fix up his place for us to be comfortable living in (installing a kitchen and a roof for starters) and registering with the local governor for legal documentation of our marriage. I am happy, in love and feeling refreshed! Stay tuned, for new adventures as my life takes a turn for the…..

No comments:

Post a Comment