16.9.13

Legal Marriage in Thailand....DONE!

In case you didn't know....Tik and I are legally married!

The process was quick and painless on the Thai front! We simply walked into the local government head office, and without even waiting in line signed our documents and paid the $1.50 service fee for notarizing the license.

Mom and Dad were there also, and while it wasn't a ceremonial wedding like the one we had in Ranong, it was certainly another big step we took together in the presence of my parents.

My parents were also introduced as Farida's parents. When I married Tik I adopted a new nickname, a family name for the community here as well as Tik's immediate family. Most people address me as Farida these days, not Stefanie. I think the name is beautiful so I am happy to take it!

While Mom and Dad were visiting I did my best to keep them entertained: lunch at local fishery islands nearby Krabi; visits to the emerald pools and natural hot springs; treks through national parks and caves; and lots of travel time on the local long tail boats to and from Railay Beach. Some days were rainy, most days were sunny, and Mom and Dad had a lot of relaxed downtime....because quite frankly when you're living on an island, that's all there is to do!  And despite Dad's worries of staying so long in a Muslim community, we were able to find plenty of grog for him.

 We also spent some time in Bangkok as well, exploring the water way taxis off the Chayo Praya River; navigating the streets of Chinatown and zipping in and out of the CBD via Bangkok's swanky BTS and MRT metro line.

I'm hoping Mom and Dad can make it out again someday soon, because Tik absolutely loved playing host to them! He thought my parents were so sweet and cool since the very first day he met them, and well...that's what everyone wants to hear about 'the in-laws!'

For those of you who are my Facebook friends, you can see the complete photo album online.

This blog is about to change, dramatically, in terms of content. I might consider changing the name to something like….The Happy Misadventures of Expat Life…or, An Expat Guide for Little Women…what do you think?

Stay tuned! 

Sawasdee, 
Stefanie (or Farida) 

No comments:

Post a Comment