29.8.12

Klepto-boys 1, Adults 0


Yesterday, I found something incredible...Often at the home we have a problem with the teenage boys sneaking out at night. Usually they go to a computer game shop nearby, so it's easy enough to find them and drag them back home. Lately, however the boys have been good. They haven't been sneaking out and things have been quiet...too quiet...

I was taken on a journey yesterday afternoon, the starting point behind the boy's house. Under the stairs there's a hole in the foundation and if you move away the debris, blocks and boards you'll find a man hole (more appropriately named boy hole.) The crawl space is tight, but I was just able to squeeze through. The space under the boy's house is vast, empty and dark so without a flash light I resorted to crawling blindly with my hands sinking through the mud and possibly snake infested terrain (they absolutely love hiding out in dark, cool places!) 

And then, I found the light. Literally, the light from a computer. CPU, flat screen monitor, keyboard, mouse, a comfy bamboo mat to lay on, movies, adapters...and here's the best part, electrical cables spliced from another room and fed through a crack in the concrete flooring to generate electricity for the computer...this computer has been missing for one year already. 

Bravo. Klepto-boys at Baan Unrak 1, Adults 0. For now!!

PS: I left the computer there and have a team of trusted teenagers helping me to find and catch the culprits. This story is not over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment