15.7.12

The perfect getaway, Phuket with Queenie!

Pristine (clean!) sandy beaches, shades of green mountains on the horizon, crystal blue waters, bassa nova soundtrack singing softly in the background, margarita in hand, trashy vampire novel baking on the chair, sand speckled toes, the rush of heat to my skin as I step into its golden sun, the low tide's baby waves rushing past my ankles, joyous laughter of babies and puppies crashing sand castles, the smell of grilled breads and fresh fry from the seafood counter teases my nostrils, and the cool cool waters penetrate my core when I duck my head under the crashing wave and touch the sandy bottom sea with my fingertips...heaven, I am in heaven.

It has been too long since I've had a proper beach day, not since Mom came for her visit and we crashed in Koh Lanta for one week...now already 4 months ago!

This is actually where Queen lives, if you can believe it! She is renting a condo in tropical paradise, a stone's throw from the beach shore and only a 5 minute motorbike ride to the public beach pictured above (Bangtao Beach.)

Queen, being the very best friend in the world she is, bought me a return flight to Phuket to come and visit her this weekend and celebrate her fabulous news: pregnant and marriage on the way! About time she's met someone willing and able to provide for the life she has always deserved...the life fit for a Queen!

This mini-getaway could not have come at a better time for me, I've been worked to the bone and while I love my life, love my work and my passions for Baan Unrak...sometimes I forget to stop and enjoy the sunsets...so here I am, right now, enjoying one of the most amazing sunsets I have seen since Mom has come to visit me all those months ago...


"Don't hurry, don't worry.You're only here for a short visit.So be sure to stop and small the flowers."Walter Hagen

No comments:

Post a Comment